[3830] 432SprngSprnt W1XM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhawk@mit.edu
Subject: [3830] 432SprngSprnt W1XM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 02:59:50 +0000
                    432 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: W1XM
Operator(s): KB1CGZ KB1NCS
Station: W1XM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN42ki Cambridge,MA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

Total:  QSOs = 17  Mults = 4  Tot Dist(km) = 0  Total Score = 68

Club:

Comments:

Not a valid entry as we had 2 ops (switched after half an hour). So CHECKLOG?

Tried calling CQ on 144.260 for a while, no one came back.

Just local grids: FN30, FN31, FN42, FN43.
Sad.

Best I guess was AF1T/FN41cd operating as W1AW/1 transmitting through a Dill
pickle? I think I missed the story exactly, but hey. How do you tune a dill
pickle on VHF? Also dunno how many watts and what SWR. All the things I should
have asked. With this level of activity it should've been easy to get.

Prepared to be blown away by K1WHS despite his dead preamp. Oh to have better
ears. Maybe we need an array down the side of the building.