[3830] 432SprngSprnt K9JK/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hamk9jk@ameritech.net
Subject: [3830] 432SprngSprnt K9JK/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 04:26:07 +0000
                    432 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: K9JK/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 1,7

Total:  QSOs = 19  Mults = 17  Tot Dist(km) = 873  Total Score = 323

Club: Central States VHF Society

Comments:

It was a cool evening in the Chicago area with temps in the 40s.

Due to a shoulder injury (torn rotator cuff), my ability to set up was
very limited, just an omni antenna and something going on with my
transceiver that required me to drop the output power to 10 Watts,
so stations that worked me from farther away had to do the bulk of the
heavy lifting (special THANKS to W9GA and W9ZIH).

Activity was light.

Mults total is based on 'classic' Rover scoring; count mults separately from
each Grid-4 visited and add them up. Five unique grids worked overall.

Breakdown by Grid-4s I visited:

Grid Qs Ms
EN51  3  3
EN52  5  5
EN61  5  4
EN62  6  5
Tot. 19 17 = 323

Total DX - 873 km

Best DX was to W9GA in EN53ve from EN61ax, 135 km (also worked W9GA from
EN52xd and EN62ad for 117 and 118 km, respectively); QSOs with W9ZIH (EN51nv)
from all 4 of the Grid-4s I visited totalled up to 298 km. All other QSOs
were less than 35 km.

5 different calls worked, add AB9QH, K0PG and WB8BZK/R to the two calls
mentioned above.

Thanks again to Kent, KA2KQM, for all of his leg work to take on the hosting
duties for this year's Spring Sprints and to Central States VHF Society for
their continued sponsorship.

Thanks also to Bruce Horn, WA7BNM, for setting up these score reporting forms
for the Spring Sprints.

Thanks finally to ALL who were on and participated in the 2014 432 MHz Spring
Sprint.

73, JK