[3830] FlQP K6CSL SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6csl@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] FlQP K6CSL SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 23:13:34 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 08:00

   40:    0     0
   20:    5     0
   15:    4     0
   10:    2     0
--------------------
Total:   11     0  CW Mults = 7  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 308

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Very rough conditions. Lots of noise from Mid-West storms, deep QSB and huge
pile-ups. I was undoubtedly working only the strongest stations. Late Saturday
evening 40m was entirely inundated with JA stations engaged in some kind of JA
only Contest. There were all those JA's calling CQ Test. Most ignored my calls,
but a couple of them worked me earlier on 20m. Finally one fellow I work
frequently in DX contests finally told me the contest was for "JA's
only". Saturday night I did work each of the W1AW/X stations and also some
interesting DX, like YS1/NP3J doing a Commemorative Special Event honoring the
Hero of the 1855 El Salvador Revolution. One really odd thing that happened. I
was using the RBN to look for DX and about 11:00Z on 30m, the RBN was showing
T5T(Somalia). I kept listening for a while and at times the station on the same
frequency was showing 5T5T. Only once in about 20 minutes, after the
operator(who must also been looking at the RBN, began to slow his code speed
and very carefully send HT5T so that it showed correctly on the RBN. He
actually was doing a special event in Managua, Nicaragua, with an unusual sub
for a YN call. It looked like it fairly confused all those SDR receivers
feeding the RBN. I also had a brief chat with Fredy, S58FA, who I've worked
many times in contests. He had a big signal on 20SSB. Bert, K6CSL