[3830] SPDX RTTY AB1J SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SPDX RTTY AB1J SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 13:26:26 +0000
                    SPDX RTTY Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Waltham, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 13:20

   80:
   40:   71    27
   20:   85    36
   15:   74    38
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  231   102  Continents = 6  Total Score = 1,023,876

Club:

Comments:

I did this contest because I have all this cool ham radio gear sitting on my
desk  AND  SOMETIMES  I  JUST  HAVE  TO  USE  IT.

After a slow start things picked up Saturday evening on 40 and 20.  I got up
early but Sunday morning was slow again. Still, I was happy with the overall
result.  I don't know if the N1MM score calculation is correct, but it says I'm
a millionaire due to the generous scoring system.  Inflation - I feel rich but
I'm not.

The skimmer ran fine and this was the first contest where I didn't think much
about it, just let it do its thing.  It fed me gobs of spots and I gobbled them
up.

I always like to experiment with something - this time a stand alone TrueTTY
window.  TrueTTY has a good decoder but it isn't better than the sum total of
my other three in N1MM so I can't see much future for it in my shack.  In any
case, it gets to be too much to keep track of in the heat of battle.

There was a lot of slow, deep QSB resulting in lots of repeats.  I set my
repeat macro for five serial numbers, kind of long but hoping that eventually
I'd catch a good wave and ride it on in to the other station.  I wish folks
would make separate repeat macros instead of just repeating their normal
exchanges which are often too short under bad QSB conditions.

28 of my 231 QSOs (12.121212...%) were with SP stations.  At first glance 231
looks like maybe a prime number, but it has factors of 3, 7, 11, 21, 33 and 77.
 Disappointing.

Thanks for all the Qs.  CU when I need my next contest fix, or else in the CQ
WW RTTY in September.  Have a good summer.

73,
Ken, AB1J

FT2000 N1MM-MMVARI-MMTTY-2TONE TrueTTY Win8
TS940S RCKskimmer XP
20-10m attic dipoles and outdoor 40m stealth antenna