[3830] FlQP K4FCG/M(K1KNQ) SO MobileSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1knq@aol.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K4FCG/M(K1KNQ) SO MobileSSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 16:52:21 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K4FCG/M
Operator(s): K1KNQ
Station: K1KNQ

Class: SO MobileSSB LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 14.5

   40:   0      21
   20:   0     572
   15:   0      10
   10:   0
--------------------
Total:   0     603  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 58  Total Score = 79,948

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Rig: Kenwood TS480 + laptop N3FJP software
Ant: 10, 15, 20 ham sticks, 40 homebrew loaded vertical 13 feet 2 inches long.
Counties: 18

Things went perfect on Saturday with qso's exceeding last years Saturday
total.
However, 1.5 hours into Sunday operation the rig shut down due to low voltage
input. After checking found that one of my three main batteries had died and
pulled the other two down. This also caused my power controller to die. Tried
to operate on the remaining battery power, but voltage output quickly went down
to 9V. Sorry to all the ops who were tracking me. I realize that I just
disappeared. I think when K5KG went past me at about 60mph on a back road in
Hamilton county (early Sunday AM) he sent bad vibes my way (Hi Hi).
Still it was fun.
73, "OJ"
K1KNQ Jack