[3830] 7QP NK7U M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP NK7U M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 15:58:32 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: NK7U
Operator(s): NK7U K7MK K7ZO W7ZRC WJ9B
Station: NK7U

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:    69      0     0
   80:   107    188     0
   40:   171    509     0
   20:   338    675     0
   15:   342    452     0
   10:    93    235     0
    6:     0      0     0
    2:     0      0     0
----------------------------
Total:  1120   2059     0  Mults = 69  Total Score = 514,809

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Unless someone posts a higher score this should finally beat the K7ZSD W7 M/M
record we have been chasing since 2008. We had a good group of ops with CW
masters W7ZRC and WJ9B, SSB stalwarts K7MK and K7ZO, and station owner NK7U
keeping 4 stations on the air throughout the day. Band conditions were
generally pretty good though we were disappointed in 10. It was open most of
the day down to Florida and South America but we only really had a one hour
opening during the 2300 hour. 15 was open almost the whole day only finally
closing down in the 0400 hour. We made QSOs on 20 in every hour of the contest
and almost every hour on 40. K7MK staked out 7197.7 on 40M for several hours
working them far and wide for our best ever 40 SSB count. 80 had great rates
the last few hours with seasonal noise levels at fairly low levels and nice
strong signals from coast to coast. WJ9B held court on 160 CW the last 4 hours
and slowly but steadily built up an impressive 160 QSO total for this event,
well above anything we have done in the past. We did also notice that there was
a nice 6M opening over most of the country but it didn't quite reach us or we
didn't catch it in time -- so we missed our opportunity for 6M QSOs.

We used N1MM for the first time in this contest because the W7 QSO Party module
for Writelog has so many problems. N1MM is not without its challenges as well
and we lost 90 minutes or so of operating time due to sound board configuration
problems and it does not count the Canadian multipliers correctly. But,
otherwise it performed well and did its job.

Thanks to the many stations who accepted our request to QSY to another band for
the QSO. Taking a quick look at the log some of the top stations out there were:
VE3KP - 11 QSOs, N8II & NX6T - 10 QSOs, K6MMM, W0BH  & VE4VT - 8 QSOs,
KB3LIX - 7.

See everyone next time.

Scott/K7ZO for Team NK7U