[3830] CQ-M C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOSB/10CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4odv@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: [3830] CQ-M C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOSB/10CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 19:56:40 +0000
                    CQ-M International DX Contest

Call: C4Z
Operator(s): 5B4AIZ
Station: 5B4AIZ

Class: SOSB/10CW HP
QTH: LARNACA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:
   40:   10     0       7
   20:  135     o      29
   15:  282     0      48
   10:  210     0      47
---------------------------
Total:  638     0     131  Total Score = 229,381

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Spent a few hours here and there checking out a new antenna.

Propagation on the three higher bands was diabolical, I was pleased I hadn't
intended on a serious entry, there were just too many dead periods. 40mtrs was
just too noisy so didn't spend much time there.

There is no doubt about the effectiveness of the RBN. I was likely the only
participant from 5B so whenever I was fresh meat to a band I was immediately
swamped after just two 'Test C4Z C4Z' calls. Listen up guys - don't just click
on the 'spot', call some 10/20 hz up. When you all zero beat big gun or not,
other big guns call too, it merges into indecipherable noise and you will wait
in line.

There were some dx openings but they were brief. nothing heard on any band from
Oceania, South America decided to give this contest a miss. Not many USA active
but a few came through on 10 mtrs and not many more on 15. West coast was weak
on 20mtrs but at least they were there. Good to hear the usual old stalwarts,
K3ZO, K4BAI, AA3B K9QVB and one or two others on several bands who always
support EU contests.

Not the best occaision to make an antenna assessment but it looks promising,
will have a much better work out in CQ WPX, everything crossed for better condx
and no summer doldrums.

Eqp't TS570 + Acom 1010 - Cushcraft X7 up 50' - Logging with 'SD'

73  Brian 5B4AIZ.