[3830] WPX CW VE4EA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve4ea@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VE4EA SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 03:12:26 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VE4EA
Operator(s): VE4EA
Station: VE4EA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Winnipeg
Operating Time (hrs): 28.5

------------
  160:
   80:    4
   40:   62
   20:  363
   15:  398
   10:   45
------------
Total:  872  Prefixes = 494  Total Score = 1,119,898

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Having returned to radiosport just as the second solar peak was arriving I
became accustomed to good solar levela and strong signals.  That was not the
case for the first day of WPX for those of us in the North country!

I was dismayed hearing other contesters QSO totals growing while mine lingered.
 Conditions were difficult, requiring many fills.   I'm sure I frustrated many
callers.  This was probably not a weekend for low power operation.

The last 6 hours on Day 2 was completely different Unfortunately, by then I was
pretty worn out from fatigue and straining from Day 1. I keep telling myself
that I had better get used to these condx going forward.

Hopefully, by this time next year there will be a few new VE4 CW ops ready to
dip their toes in the water.

Thank you to all for the QSO's.  I hope to see many of you on July 1 for the
Radio Amateurs of Canada (RAC) annual contest.

73, Cary  VE4EA
Winnipeg, Canada