[3830] WPX CW WX0B(AD5Q) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WX0B(AD5Q) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 04:54:50 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WX0B
Operator(s): AD5Q
Station: WX0B

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Dallas
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   12
   40:  430
   20: 1098
   15: 1429
   10:   39
------------

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

All better this year. Last year we were crushed with wx related down time, all
on the first day (0309z-0412z, 1548z-1913z, and a 6+ hour power outage
beginning at 2143z). This left only 1 hour of remaining off time and several
very slow hours, but we finished the 36 hours. This year, we enjoyed the luxury
of SELECTING when to take a break - cherrypicking the best of the propagation.
This doesn't happen often in Texas for this contest.

With the flux in the low 100's, I wasn't expecting 15 to be as good as it was.
It's the 40M number that looks a bit anemic. After spending too much time on 15
& 20 at the beginning, I got to 40 late. I did even less 40 the 2nd night,
as the band sounded noisy and there were easier ways to make contacts. After
midnight, the Asians seem surprised when I called them on 15. The nighttime run
band was 20. Overall, I think conditions were much better than last year. Other
than a problem with a Bully Lid from Chester County Pennsylvania, it was a good
contest. Frequency fights are lame, especially in the WPX.

Roy -- AD5Q