[3830] Volta RTTY IY1GMS(@IQ1RY) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, iw1ayd@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] Volta RTTY IY1GMS(@IQ1RY) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 21:32:57 +0000
                    Volta RTTY DX Contest

Call: IY1GMS
Operator(s): IZ1PLH I1BEP IK1HXN IW1AYD
Station: IQ1RY

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Bra
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:   50    20
   40:  234    50
   20:  437    77
   15:  367    80
   10:   20    16
-------------------
Total: 1108   243  Total Score = 4,015,921,624

Club:

Comments:

We have had great time. Operating that Guglielmo Marconi commemorative call was
great. TU to IK1SPR, Flavio, and the whole IQ1RY staff for this great
opportunity.
K3s as usual with N1MM Logger and the whole setup of IQ1RY. A new entry
operator IZ1PLH, Salvo, was on the line of fire. We enjoyed each QSOs all
together.
10m was really poor, we expected more, as it was in the 2013 edition of the
Volta, but we have had not the same luck.
Also 40m to US was a little bit disappointing.
A lot of JAs friends on 20m and 15m, even with aerials pointing long path.
Anyway we managed to end with a great score even with not that big help from
the sun. It maybe that the biggest help was from that so nice call: IY1GMS!
Italy Yankee 1 Guglielmo Marconi Senator.

TU for all the QSOs! from us and Guglielmo. :->

       73 de iw1ayd Salvo one of the IQ1RY bunch

PS for who want to know IY is the special Italian prefix for Guglielmo Marconi
commemorative station (Y). It's just used for that, with life long call signs
for Marconi's places of interest and short life call signs for Marconi's
specials event dates. Our IY1GMS will be a short lived one, just to the end of
this year. The 1914 was the year when Guglielmo Marconi was enacted as Senator
in Italy until he died: Senator at life.