[3830] WPX CW OG6N(OH6NIO) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW OG6N(OH6NIO) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 17:18:16 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OG6N
Operator(s): OH6NIO
Station: OG6N

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Mieto
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:   80
   40:  336
   20:  886
   15:  726
   10:   61
------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

With the A index at 20 and myself just recovering from a cold and not feeling
very well did not promise very much for the contest weekend.

Calling CQ did not produce big pileups so I had to S&P a lot. I was very
tired in the first evening after working all day in the hot shack. It was
almost 30 degrees C outside. I had to take a very long rest period to recover
for Sunday. Luckily the weather cooled a bit and I was able to continue. Even
though the A index dropped to 9 the bands were not very good. I had to S&P
once in a while to keep the QSOs coming. A better stateside opening could have
helped to break 1000 prefixes milestone but it was not to be this time.