[3830] AlQP NV4B SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4xa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] AlQP NV4B SOMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 23:29:30 +0000
                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: NV4B
Operator(s): NV4B
Station: NV4B

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: FRNK
Operating Time (hrs): 8:08

  160:
   80:
   40:   65     25
   20:   85     94
   15:    9      1
   10:           7
--------------------
Total:  159    127  CW Mults = 39  Ph Mults = 37  Total Score = 33,820

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

I had every intention of operating this one from start to finish, but the
weather dictated otherwise.  I pulled the plug (literally, and disconnected the
antennas) at 0007Z.

Band conditions were below average.  It almost seemed like there was a flare
sometime in the 19Z hour; I could not get a rate anywhere.  I went to 20m CW,
and the floodgates finally opened suddenly at about 1949Z.

There had to have been some fairly good sporadic-E based on how short 20m was
at the start, and there indeed seemed to be some general 6-meter activity, but
I was never able to get a rate on 15m or 10m like I did last year.  There
seemed to be slightly less activity overall this time.

Due to the severe weather that developed later in the afternoon, I lost a
handful of QSOs to QRN on 40m -- my apologies to those I missed.  I'm sure 80m
was next to unusable, but I never got the chance to try it.

Thanks to everyone who called, and thanks as always to Jim Johnson, KC4HW for a
great job of managing the AQP and the members of the Alabama Contest Group who
work hard to promote the contest.

This year's AQP was fun -- while it lasted!