[3830] ARRL June VHF W6PH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ph@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W6PH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 15:05:39 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  194    88  Total Score = 17,072

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

FTdx3000 SB220 conversion  6M7JHV at 60 feet

CW -  21 contacts
SSB- 173 contacts

Saturday:  The band opened to Texas mid afternoon with very spotty and overall
weak signals for about two hours.  As the sun was going down the band shifted
to the northwest with weak signals.  The highlight was KL7NO calling in with a
good signal from BP54.  About 110 contacts in the log.

Sunday:  The band opened to the northwest around noon time. The opening came on
suddenly with a couple VE6's and then to the west with tons of stations from VE7
down into CN85 (Portland area).  I think I worked every station in Seattle
(CN87).  KL7NO called in again to say hi but was much weaker than Saturday.
Nothing to the east at all on Sunday.  This opening only lasted a couple
hours.

No double hops this year and generally weak signals from very small Es clouds.

73, Kurt W6PH