[3830] ARRL June VHF WB8RFB SO FM LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb8rfb@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF WB8RFB SO FM LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 22:09:02 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:   2     2  Total Score = 4

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This was a last minute effort to answer the call for more SMC ops.  Threw a
25-foot mast up with a 3-element beam and called "CQ Contest" until I
was hoarse.  I don't have a 6 meter or 2 meter SSB/CW rig(yet) so this was a
last-minute effort just to help the club get to 50 ops.  My contest report will
have to be mailed in as my logging software doesn't even have the SO FM Only
class as a choice.  I haven't operated 2M FM in years and I can see that most
others don't either.  I thought there would be "some" operators on,
especially with being located in the Chicago area but the two stations I did
work were not even in the contest.  They just heard me on 144.57 simplex and
felt sorry for me!  Beam me back to the HF bands, Scotty.