[3830] ARRL June VHF K2QO/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K2QO/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 19:44:40 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  324   105  Total Score = 42,630

Club: Cold Brook Contest Club

Comments:

Not too bad for 6 grids, 567 miles and 31.5 gallons of gas. My rover partner
ordered a less than super aggressive rove and that is how we rolled. No rushed
feel to this one at all. We ran 2M from the front seat and 6/222/432 from the
rear position.

We ran into decent e-skip on Sunday which helped our score even though the
openings were limited from WNY. The DX Maps site showed that the mid-west to
western states had great conditions for a lot longer.

The gear here was simple this time out:
K3 on 6
FT100D on 432 and 222/Elecraft with Mirage amps for both bands
IC746 on 2M.

Antennas were a Par Omni on 6, 2m7 on 2, Cheap Yagis on 222/432.

Power was all DC with 2 deep cycle batteries charged by Chevy Traverse's
alternator.

Next up are CQWW VHF, ARRL UHF and the September VHF. See you from out on the
road!

73,
Mark K2QO/R (+W2TAU)
FN03ra