[3830] ARRL June VHF K1TEO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa2teo@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K1TEO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:37:41 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 27

    6:  366    83
    2:  283    51
  222:  100    34
  432:  144    44
  903:   32    15
  1.2:   51    21
  2.3:   25    14
  3.4:   17     9
  5.7:    4     3
  10G:    5     4
  24G:
-------------------
Total: 1027   271  Total Score = 430,890

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Almost didn't make it for this one. I had a lot to fix after the January contest
and while working on one of my tilt over towers, I managed to severely damage
the base making it unusable. I took everything off the tower, and with the help
of Mike W2JJ was able to remove the tower, and replace the base. Put all the
antennas back on, replaced the rotor (18 years old), replaced several feed
lines and after many hours of work was back in business. After all the effort
other unusual problems cropped up as a sequencer died and one of my 12v lines
to the 3.4 ghz xvtr became shorted requiring lots of time to find and fix the
problems. Overall the work was very time consuming and a lot more than I think
I would ever do again.

Band condx were not great here in the Northeast. Tropo condx were flat
throughout the contest. I know the guys 100 miles or so to my west had great
condx but surprisingly it just never drifted further east. Close again....I
didn't work a single E-skip QSO on 6 on Saturday. Sunday morning the band was
open to N and Central FL as well as the Gulf Coast. Only worked about 30 Es
contacts over the morning hours as I am guessing the main footprint for my QTH
was over the Gulf. Sunday night the band finally popped with a strong opeing to
GA, TN, AL, MS, LAAR  and a few in TX. It was good for about 1.5 hours which was
nice.

I did run into a problem on late Sunday morning as the 5 and 10 ghz xvtrs
stopped working. I assume there is something wrong on top of the tower with the
12v line. Looks like it's back to work.....hi!

Tnx for the QSO's and hope we get some better condx in the CQWW.

73, Jeff K1TEO