[3830] ARRL June VHF VE4KX(VE7XF) Single Op Port HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF VE4KX(VE7XF) Single Op Port HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 04:10:16 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  11     8  Total Score = 88

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Well, that was a bust! Remember last year when we thought condx were so bad?

I drove through 20 grids from CN89 to DO90 (and back), specifically for the
contest, and this is what I got! I heard a few other weak signals in the
contest, mostly unidentified, but not strong enough (or long enough) to work.
Lots of meteor pings.
The first thing I heard after I finished setting up was the VE8WD beacon, and I
thought "Oh boy, here we go." No such luck :-(   Oh well.

I worked more guys on the road, to and from home, mostly in VE5, approx the
same area I've had good luck with before on previous trips.
This will probably be my last radio trip to VE4 - gasoline alone cost me
$1173.
Hmmm...... that's $100. per QSO!
Wanna buy a nice camper/radio van?

Ralph, VE7XF, VE4KX