[3830] TBDC N8VW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N8VW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 02:12:41 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Summer

Call: N8VW
Operator(s): N8VW
Station: N8VW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 50  Total Score = 50

Club:

Comments:

Had to take a road trip on Sunday so instead of going up to K8MK's place and
using a real 160m antenna, I operated this from my city lot with a 90' zepp at
50' fed by tying the feed together at the base.  Only two radials to feed
against, so efficency was crap, but it seemed to work.  First 160m test for the
K3 and it was fantastic.  The 200hz filter was excellent for hearing, too bad
the city qrn, qsb and my poor antenna worked against me. I could follow KV4FZ
through the qsb for the most part and I only missed a couple of people who
called and I could not pull throuh the qrn and qsb. Tried out the sub receiver
to find stations while I was cq'ing and it also was very nice, but not enough
activity to make a difference.  Will see you in the fall.