[3830] ARRL FD W7OTV 4A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W7OTV 4A LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 05:37:17 +0000
                    ARRL Field Day

Call: W7OTV
Operator(s): AD7OG AF7ID K7CIE K7HLH K7TLJ KD7VIK KE7HHI KE7WNB KF7JIK KK7SR
N7DAI N7DWL N7IQM W6ABM W8NF WI7N WS7L
Station: W7OTV

Class: 4A LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:   35     94
   40:  207    161      18
   20:  378    214      49
   15:   50     58      36
   10:
    6:          47
    2:           2
  222:
  432:
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  670    576     103  Total Score = 4,244

Club:

Comments:

This is Oregon Tualatin Valley ARC, operating from Stub Stewart State Park near
Buxton, Oregon, about 30 miles west of Portland in the Coast Range foothills.

We were lucky that the forecast rain held off during most of the setup
activity, so we were only a little wet by the time we started operation.

The bands didn't quite show up the way they did last year, and we were down a
few good ops too. So the score is 20% to 25% down. But we did get some good
operator training in.

Rigs were 2 x 756 Pro III on phone and 2 x K3 on CW and digital. Icom 7000 on
VHF. These drove a long string of wire antennas for the low bands plus a TH3 Jr
at 30 feet for the phone station, plus a 20 m full size monoband Yagi at 35 feet
and a 15 m Moxon at 24 feet for CW/Digital. Single band filters were used in a
lot of cases and this really helped reduce some of the harmonic interference
that we had last year.

73, thanks for the Q's, and see you all next June!
Carl WS7L on behalf of W7OTV.