[3830] RAC Day VE7JH(@VE7UF) SOAB/CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VE7JH(@VE7UF) SOAB/CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 03:16:03 +0000
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE7JH
Operator(s): VE7JH
Station: VE7UF

Class: SOAB/CW HP
QTH: VE7UF
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:     8             4
   80:    33             5
   40:   137             9
   20:   470            11
   15:   352            11
   10:    19             4
    6:     1             1
    2:     1             1
Total:  1021    0       46         0  Total Score = 218,040

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Duane, VE7UF, for hosting me at his Multi/Multi contest station once
again. The station performed flawlessly and it sure has its advantages when all
that's involved in a QSY is to slide the chair 5 feet.

My usual 6m/2m QSO partner was not available and since the new rules prohibit a
guest op working the host for credit I thought I'd be without my 2 VHF
multipliers. Luckily the disturbance opened 6m and I caught VA7FC CQ-ing on 6m
for the VHF contacts.

Activity on the low bands was poor, all my 160m QSOs were QSY's. I worked VA2WA
so conditions were not that bad. I think 20m and 15m being wide open just
thinned out the 160/80 activity.

I watched 10m closely and caught a short opening to VE5 and Western VE3 and
then to VY1RAC.

Great activity from the USA and there seemed to be an endless supply of
Europeans as well which is not an every day occurence here on the West Coast.
There were all sorts of exotic DX jumping in for a few contacts too.

The RAC stations were in abundance, I logged 25 contacts with them as opposed
to 20 last year.

Of my 1021 contacts 306 were Canadian and 455 from the U.S.

There were very few periods of no action, looking back, I averaged over 40 QSOs
per hour, just shows the steadily increasing activity for this contest.

Thanks to all who called and the organizers for running the show!

73,
Gabor, VE7JH