[3830] IARU W1NN SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W1NN SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 12:31:04 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    16            2        2
   80:   183            7        6
   40:   336           20       24
   20:   628           28       30
   15:   259           19       32
   10:    23            8        6
-------------------------------------
Total:  1445    0      84      100  Total Score = 824,504

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

The first half of the contest was very rough for me.  About ten times the
keyboard suddenly stopped working.  I was going crazy until I thought about my
the ferrites that I took with me on my recent trip to SV9.  I neglected to put
them back on the cables.  As soon as I did so, my problem was solved.  But that
was not the only problem - I just couldn't get much going during the first 10-12
hours and most QSOs on 15 and 20 were real work.  Then suddenly things got
better and I was able to run for several hours on 20 - unusual with my
tribander at 32 feet.  The rest of the contest was great except for the bad QRN
from local storms that really hurt the 80 and 160 totals.  I ended up with my
best score ever for low power.

The WRTC stations all sounded great and it will be very interesting to see who
wins.  All great ops.

Thanks to all the volunteers for putting on a great show.

Equipment:  K3 and OMNI VI Plus
Tribander at 32' fixed on Europe, 20 meter vertical and dipoles for the other
bands.

73, Hal W1NN