[3830] IARU WQ5L SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU WQ5L SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 16:11:30 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: WQ5L
Operator(s): WQ5L
Station: WQ5L

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:    3             2       0
   80:   73             5       6
   40:  230     1      20      29
   20:  297            26      31
   15:  114            14      27
   10:   23             9       4
-------------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

700W, wires, mostly S&P. My goal was to sweep the WRTC without help from
spots. I succeeded, but had to resort to phone to work K1M since I never heard
them anywhere on CW.

Of the WRTC bunch, I worked 57/59 on 20m and 56/59 on 40m, plus 25/59 on a
quiet (for summer) 80m, but just 11/59 on 15m due to a persistent local noise
problem on that band. Worked on all four bands were K1D, K1P, N1M, N1R, N1Z,
and W1B.

Their signals were quite uniform at any given time/band with only the
variations you would expect due to beam headings, so from here it looked like
the organizers did a great job wrt balance. Fun stuff.  73,

-- Ray WQ5L