[3830] IARU K3TN SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K3TN SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 18:52:51 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: 8
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:   72             8       7
   40:  285            19      31
   20:  142            24      31
   15:  104            20      27
   10:   11             6       3
-------------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I originally only planned on getting on to work the WRTC stations and the HQ
multipliers via S&P, but there was so much activity that I got sucked in
and had some nice runs.

At the start short skip made the WRTC guys workable on 20, but after that it
was strictly 40 and 80 to reach them from here. Fun to work HQ stations from
ZS, ZL, V5, etc. I was never on when 10 was open in any meaningful way, but
there was always propagation in just about 360 degrees on the other bands.

I noticed a few stations sending CQ zones at the start of the contest and IARU
zones later on - I logged what they sent, so I hope their cabrillo files
reflect what they sent. I wasn't sure I'd be back in time to submit my log by
1800, so sent it in when I had to go out at 1130Z - before things were even
over!