[3830] IARU K6CSL SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6csl@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] IARU K6CSL SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 10:08:33 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 21:42

  160:    0     0       0       0
   80:    1     0       1       0
   40:   21     0       6       1
   20:   95     0      17      11
   15:   18     0       5       0
   10:    1     0       1       0
-------------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions before noon on Saturday were poor but getting better with time. 20m
still was my best band, conditions on 40 and 15 remaining poor. 80 and 10 ended
up with only 1 contact each. My best year has been 2012 when I did 192 x
54=30,024. This year I tried to focus on "point quality" or most
points per QSO. This year yielded 3.26pt/QSO average as opposed to lesser point
quality in other years, including 2012. This year I did try to focus my
propagation and band plan for the WRTC stations in the Boston area, letting
other DX incidental to that. However I found only 2 WRTC stations, N1F, on 20m
at 16:31Z and N1M, on 15m at 19:43Z. It will be interesting to find out which
teams those were. Given elements such as the 166 Solar Flux I had hoped to have
a higher score. So I'll just have to wait 'till next year. Bert, K6CSL