[3830] IARU OL5Y SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, OL5Y@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU OL5Y SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 13:53:16 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: OL5Y
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: OL5Y

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:   24      1      3       21
   80:   38      7      9       25
   40:  189     23     15       40
   20:  306    220     35       44
   15:  287    124     33       44
   10:   65     38     13       32
-------------------------------------
Total:  909    413    108      206  Total Score = 1,521,644

Club: Czech Contest Club

Comments:

In spite of bad CONDX it was thanks to WRTC fantastic contest! I had a problem
to avoid focusing to WRTC stations and pay maximum concentration to my result.
It was exciting to see how N6MJ / KL9A team started and whole the contest
headed the peloton. And other scores are so close to each other! I am looking
forward to read the stories, strategies etc. I hope we will get them. Actually
what was very good idea used by several stations: telling the frequency of
other team-mate - everytime I have jumped there. Also, I must say that signal
strengths of all stations in particular time were equal in my QTH. What I still
don�'t understand is the reason why I did some stations 6 times and some of them
once. The winners are in my log 4 times "only".
Anyway: Congratulation to everyone! I am proud that our Mastrant was there
(because I could not).
Back to the contest: bad CONDX (and WRTC) persuaded me to S&P for most of
the contest. It was very tiring during several hours on Sunday. The contest is
more and more a battle between HQ stations - I think this is the reason why the
participation suffer.
ANT: 3el tribander ECO @ 15m, 6el OWA for 10m @ 21m, Inv. V for 40/80/160m @
15m, unfortunately without RX antenna.
RIG: IC756 + Acom 2000A + microHAM MK2R+