[3830] K7ST/MM SOAB LP SSB

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] K7ST/MM SOAB LP SSB
From: "Adam" <adam@svbravo.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 01:50:24 +0000
 IARU Summary Sheet

 Start Date : 2014-07-11
 CallSign Used : K7ST/MM
 Operator(s) : K7ST
Operator Category : SINGLE-OP
 Band : ALL
 Power : LOW
 Mode : SSB
 Default Exchange : 56
 Gridsquare : RH93PF

 Name : Adam Kerner

 Club/Team : Western Washington DX Club
 Software : N1MM Logger V14.4.1

 Band QSOs Pts ITU HQ
 3.5 1 5 1 0
 7 56 246 15 5
 14 85 371 21 5
 21 14 44 6 5
 Total 156 666 43 15

 Score : 38,628
 Rig : IC7000

 Antennas : random length wire, approx 35' (insulated boat backstay)

 Soapbox :
 Wow, what an exercise in frustration. Using /MM instead of /3D2 since no Fiji
license, and I was at sea in ZONE 56..
 " ....no, NOT ZONE 06, it's ZONE 56, really!!!......No you have the call
correct.......yes ZONE 56.......roger roger roger
 ......."
 Nearly every one of the 156 Q's challenged the zone, telling me I was in zone
6. (Only ones who didn't were the
 terrific ops at WRTC.......course zones weren't mults for
 them!!!) Couldn't get any rate going with 100w and a rando
 m length wire (insulated backstay on the boat), even with th
 e zone 56 "amplifier effect".....great contest, though, and
 those WRTC ops, wow, the few I could hear, were doing an awesome job
 . All of them sounded very equal from down under. 73, K7ST/MM, in
 zone 56.....REALLY!!!!!