[3830] NAQP RTTY K8IA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY K8IA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 06:23:49 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: K8IA
Operator(s): K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   54    22
   40:  228    48
   20:  292    52
   15:   96    33
   10:
-------------------
Total:  670   155  Total Score = 103,850

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Team: AOCC Assassins

Comments:

I finally had a summer NAQP event where the Arizona monsoon storms took a break
and I was able to operate the 10 hours that I wanted, and not those dictated by
the storm gods.

Bands were slightly noisy but much better than normal.I kept going to 10m for
short periods and nothing. 15m cndx bad too. Reminded me of 2010 July NAQP
RTTY. I guess we'll get used to 20/40 carrying all the contest load soon.

Had a few small issues. 1) Leaned back in steno chair and BAAM, sheared a bolt
and the whole back came loose. (I know what ur thinking....but I only weigh 160
lbs, hi). 2) Some intermittent glitch in 80m position of SixPak. Probably a
relay that needs some TLC. A Monday project.

N1MM+MMTTY+2Tone worked flawlessly. That 2Tone add on has become my go-to
decoder. More accurate than MMTTY here for anything fluttery.

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club