[3830] NAQP CW WA5RML Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ameasday@flash.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WA5RML Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 17:49:42 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: WA5RML
Operator(s): WA5RML
Station: WA5RML

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Arlington, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:    2     1
   40:   45    25
   20:   87    33
   15:   14    11
   10:
-------------------
Total:  148    70  Total Score = 10,360

Club: DFW Contest Group

Team: DFW Contest Group Purple

Comments:

FlexRadio 1500 @5 wts to G5RV (80/40) and Cushcraft MA5V vertical (20-10);
Vibroplex Code Warrior paddles.

Primarily a 40M/20M effort.  Disappointing propagation on 15 and 10 during the
daylight hrs - Briefly tried 10M, but never heard anything!  Was hoping to
spend a lot of time on 15M - no such luck!  So daytime was 20M and nighttime
was 40M.

It was hard work - but, as usual, ended up being a lot of fun!  This maybe a
personal best for NAQP CW (QRP)for me.

Thanks to all of the patient operators who worked hard to get hear my QRP
signal.  However, was also surprised at the large percentage of stations that I
was able to work with a single call!

73 and hope to see everyone in the SSB event later this month!
Andy - WA5RML