[3830] NAQP CW K8CN Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K8CN Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 01:00:02 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:   31    15
   40:  168    42
   20:  125    34
   15:   26    13
   10:    8     5
-------------------
Total:  358   109  Total Score = 39,022

Club:

Team:

Comments:

15 meters was tougher than I'd expected, 20 meters was welcome relief, and 40
was surprisingly strong - lots of activity judging by how long I needed to wait
in line to make S&P Qs at my power level. Even though my Qs on 10 meters
were few and almost all to the south, it was still fun to make those contacts.
80 meters is my Achilles' heel in all domestic contests - no real antenna for
that band at present.  Took a long break around suppertime, then decided to
push on to the very end - that's when I wished for even modest 80 and 160 meter
antennas once I'd worked all who could hear me on 40 meters.

Many thanks to those who persisted in trying to copy my weak signals even when
I was ready to abandon the effort until a later time!  Highlight of this
contest was being moved to 80 meters by K9CT after our 40 meter Q - I guess New
Hampshire was more rare on 80 than I would have guessed for this event.  My 80
meter signal in the Midwest is so poor I doubted he would hear me, but he did -
all credit to Craig's great antennas and listening skill!

Oh yes, rig here was K3 @ 5 watts, 20 meter Lazy-H used on all bands only by
gross contortions of the ATU!

73,
Mike, K8CN