[3830] ARRL UHF W0UC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL UHF W0UC Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 05:14:15 +0000
                    ARRL UHF Contest

Call: W0UC
Operator(s): W0UC
Station: W0UC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs):

  222:   41    27
  432:   39    22
  903:   21    17
  1.2:   24    17
  2.3:    1     1
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:    1     1
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  127    85  Total Score = 45,390

Club: Northern Lights Radio Society

Comments:

I had a good time in the contest last weekend.  I wouldn't say there was any
significant enhancement, but there was nothing bad either, like big fronts to
block signals.  I think I made it on 902 & 1296 with virtually everyone I
tried, which I don't recall happening before.

My contacts were down sharply from last year, 164 to 127.  Grids were up
sharply, 69 to 87, yielding virtually the same score.  Best DX on 222 & 432
was NT0V;  to the east the furthest were EN72 & EN80.

Many thanks to Wyatt, AC0RA/R, for providing over a quarter of my contacts and
a good number of the multipliers.  He had a solid signal on 4 bands all the way
down to EN40, then we  only made it on 222 his last few stops.  Jon, W0ZQ/R also
gave me some much needed multipliers and Q's from his four stops on Sunday.
They helped make up for the absence of Mel & Carol this time.  I caught
W9SNR/R only once on one band, and heard K0PG/R once but no contact.  Can't let
those contacts slip away next time.

73
Paul W0UC