[3830] WAE CW N8UM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW N8UM Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 14:45:00 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: N8UM
Operator(s): N8UM
Station: N8UM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:   45     0    17
   40:  150   173    27
   20:  340   300    40
   15:  290   257    36
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  825   730   301  Total Score = 468,055

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I felt conditions and participation were down again this year (participation
hopefully due to several hundred of the worlds best ops recuperating from
WRTC).

As stated in previous posts, the ability of EU ops to copy QTCs was amazing.
Kudos to the Win-Test developers for a friendly QTC TX interface.

This is the first time in several years I felt a disadvantage without beams.
Conditions did not favor the smaller stations and I had to ask for lots of
fills and repeats on the call.  The 3 to 8 db lost from no beam/tower combo and
being vertically polarized really impacted my results (I will add this to page
198 of my book of excuses....)