[3830] WAE CW DL1IAO(@DL0WW) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dl1iao@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW DL1IAO(@DL0WW) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 19:19:06 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: DL1IAO
Operator(s): DL1IAO
Station: DL0WW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JN49FO
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Radios: SO2R

   80:   40    20    21
   40:  170   488    60
   20:  429   900    94
   15:  411  1035    83
   10:   46    57    29
-------------------------
Total: 1096  2500   676  Total Score = 2,430,896

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

IC756Pro3(INRAD) + Alpha87A (working most of the time)
IC756Pro3(INRAD) + Alpha87A (not working most of the time)
BX-120 Interfaces, TopTen decoders, WX0B bandpass filters, Idiom Press CMOS4's
& homebrew 2R-switching

WT v4.13.0 on 2x Mac mini MD387D/A running Windows 7
CC-User on MacBook Air

(80) Bobtail (NW/SE), Delta Loop, DP @10m
(40) 3el M2 Yagi @20m (linear-loaded), DP @10m
(20) 5el M2 Yagi @27m
(15) 5el Yagi @25m
(10) 6el Yagi @24m (sharing tower with 40m)

Congrats to Manfred/DJ5MW!

We missed RW1A and other russians on the Live Scoreboard although it is a
russian website.

Lots of problems this time, but I bravely kept going and made the best of it.

All the 3 rotors and the 2 power amplifiers were faulty and kept me busy
throughout the contest. When I continued into the second night without any real
sleep, yet, QTCs started to become a problem and I had to take a break during
20m prime time. Actually I tried to get some sleep in my little camper on
Saturday morning but a special person woke me up with big noise just one hour
later. But this is another story!

The big thunderstorm on Sunday evening forced me to take another unexpected
off-time but it was not such a big factor.

The 10m opening was fun and I successfully moved a few US call areas. Sorry to
N6AR: We both heard each other a few times but it wasn't enough to complete the
QSO.

Thanks for the QTCs!

73,

Stefan