[3830] KsQP VE9AA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca
Subject: [3830] KsQP VE9AA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 22:15:47 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 13:41

   80:
   40:   25      4
   20:  160     54
   15:   64     22
   10:    1
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  192     80      0  Mults = 95  Total Score = 86,365

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Well !  What can be said about this QSO party?
Condx were way way down for me up here, but the mobiles made up for it with
thrie gusto !

I have no idea how many Q's I made with Bob K0A or JErry W0L, but it surely
must be dozens and dozens each.  There were also other mobiles with a dozen or
two Q's each. All did real well, but home stns a bit thin on the ground, hi !

Loved the 1x1's.  Worked roughly 98% of them only missing K0O and N0T...
92/105 cty's worked, but I did not actively try to work all cty's...only all
stns.

Unfortunately I was not able to put in a full blown effort, but I tried to do
as much as I could between honey-do's, meals etc.

A couple mishaps here, op error.  Blew a fuse in the rig just as K0E signed
STE(?)...lol....by the time I got it replaced he had vanished.

Also, W0L was having a hard time hearing me in a certain cty through the pileup
of EU's that persisted and would not stop calling, so I cranked the keyer speed
up to 48wpm and made it on the first pass.  Afterwards, I would call Jerry at
40-50wpm (depending) and always made it. Only one SSB Q's with W0L iirc.

So many mobiles were doing such a great job, so my apologies for only
mentioning a few.  N0A, N0U, W0Q....really, most of them are in my log many
many times.

My goal was 60k pts and/or 250 Q's.  MAde the grade I'd say.  All with an HF9V
on the back of the shed and about 500W.....

One iffy 10m Q's.  If it doesn't survive log checking, oh well...I tried.
Called many CQ's on 10 and scanned it pretty much every time I changed from
20-15---then 10,./

73 de Mike VE9AA