[3830] CWopsT N4FP LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wayne@wgb.cc
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N4FP LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 20:21:57 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Sep 3

Call: N4FP
Operator(s): N4FP
Station: N4FP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: The Villages, FL
Operating Time (hrs): .9

  160:
   80:
   40:   7      0
   20:  26     17
   15:  16     16
   10:
-------------------
Total:  49     33  Total Score = 1,617

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

We had some excitement between the 13Z and 19Z sessions.  XYL Marty, WB2VYK and
I were sitting at lunch table about 1300Z looking out over the golf course when
she exclaimed "the flagpole is laying on the ground!"  And so it was.
Bolts holding the 6BTV to the tilt over mast had bent, and the tilt over parts
were bent.  Detached 6BTV from the tilt over assembly, removed assembly and cut
off bolts and straightened metal in a vice.  Reassembled with new bolts and nuts
and erected non-disguised 6BTV, finishing 1 minute before start of 19Z session.
Ran low power and took 5 or more attempts to work some stations instead of usual
1 or 2 when running 600 watts, but was still fun.  Tuning knob on Flex 3000
froze at one point and I shut down an rebooted, losing a few minutes.  Tried 10
meters for about 5 minutes at 1913Z.  Someone called me several times but I was
never able to get the call.  Nothing else heard.  Heard Scotty W7SW on 20 say
something to the effect "We are all getting old."  Really? :-)   See
you at 03Z, assuming no wind.