[3830] WAE SSB K8MR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB K8MR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 02:05:27 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:
   40:
   20:   14    16    12
   15:   72    65    34
   10:   76    80    42
-------------------------
Total:  162   161    88  Total Score = 28,424

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I discovered last year while chasing WRTC qualifying points that WAE SSB can be
a fun contest from the states - there is not a lot competition from this end,
mults are by call areas so we might really be needed, it's not hard to find or
hold a frequency, and there is plenty of EU activity. Of course this year with
the solar storm earlier in the week things weren't good on Saturday, but by
Sunday it started to recover.

I was encouraged to stick around when I got a number of "Thanks for the
multiplier" comments on 10 meters on Sunday morning. Ten was very spotty
propagation - PA and ON were loud while much of DL and HA were barely in there,
UA7K was pretty loud. But I hope the serious people all found the W8 mult. 15
was pretty good, but before I got spotted on 20, with a resulting run, my wife
came downstairs complaining that I was freezing up the TV service, so in the
interest of a good home I QRT'd.

73  -  Jim   K8MR