[3830] ARRL Sep VHF WZ1V Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wz1v@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF WZ1V Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 15:44:19 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  325   104  Total Score = 50,232

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Got off to a bad start with Murphy, blew up the keying relay in my 432 rig a few
hours before the contest while attempting to test my switching system. Spent
right up to the beginning of the contest repairing it. Wired in new 432 preamp
which promptly died after a few test transmissions. Somedays you can't win.
Caught the brief 6M opening to Florida Saturday afternoon. Otherwise conditions
the first half of the contest were really poor. I briefly heard an EM66 station
on 2M Sunday night but couldn't pull the call out of the noise. W4IY was 20
over 9 by the end of the contest. Would have been nice if it came a few hours
earlier. Considering limited operating time, I was pretty happy with my results
- made personal best score yet on 1296 from the new QTH.
-73, Ron WZ1V