[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1WHS Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1WHS Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:30:12 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: K1WHS
Operator(s): K1BX K1KA AA1VL K9PW WA1T
Station: K1WHS

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN43MJ
Operating Time (hrs): 29

    6:  363    61
    2:  274    43
  222:   83    24
  432:  125    29
  903:   19     9
  1.2:   32    13
  2.3:   14     8
  3.4:    7     4
  5.7:    6     3
  10G:    5     2
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  928   196  Total Score = 261,464

Club:

Comments:

Very poor conditions on all bands except 50 MHz where there was a little Es.
Grid totals were down on all bands. The rain on Saturday killed the higher
bands and we could not get out of New England. The bands above 432 were
particularly bad, and aggravated by equipment failures and water in feedlines.
I spent a huge amount of time before the contest getting 3456,5760, and 10 GHz
running again, only to have all three fail for various reasons. The only good
thing going was the operators! They were great. Not so for our mascot. Beagle
Bailey ate all our English muffins! It was a pretty relaxed affair, and we all
got a good night's sleep. AA1VL and I tried to get a new 432 antenna running,
but did not quite finish it, so, like the old Brooklyn Dodgers used to say,
"Wait 'til next year!"