[3830] CQ WW RTTY K7XC SOSB(A)/15 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7xc_tx@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K7XC SOSB(A)/15 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 00:40:34 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: SOSB(A)/15 QRP
QTH: EM12ur - Terrell, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   80:    0       0       0     0
   40:   21      13       3     5
   20:   20      10       9    10
   15:  105      22      30    15
   10:   26       8      14    13
-----------------------------------
Total:  105      22      30    15  Total Score = 12,864

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

WOW! I am Flabbergasted & Amazed what 5 watts on RTTY into simple antennas
will do! No longer own an acre with large antennas... Since the
bankruptcy/foreclosure in 2013 we have living very minimal in a small travel
trailer in an RV park. To keep the chance of any issues with the neighbors
decided to try QRP RTTY into a 10M dipole at 16 feet. Sat morning I remembered
a friend gave me an old screwdriver mobile antenna so I dug it out of storage
(Most of whats left in there) and built a mount for the back of the RV, grabbed
the control kit I made back then, adapted it to a SO-239 input, mounted it, ran
the wires, tested the 12V control... viola! it works! now a 4 or 5 band peek at
QRP RTTY....

So were off... Starting 9AM Sat morning... and 10M is Hot on the dipole. Once
done mounting the screwdriver, I try 15 for a bit and then on to 20 well after
sunset... The band is cooking when low and behold, I find... AND WORK!! KC4AAA
on the SOUTH POLE with 5W on RTTY from a aging IC-746 that's feeding the
battered screwdriver on the rear bumper of the RV!!! This is the kind of stuff
that makes you feel young again!

Soon its obvious 15M is the place to be Sunday so I stay put and when the dust
settles I worked 174Qs with QRP... 105 on 15M alone! Not bad for a fat old man
just looking to have a bit of fun... Was so busy I never turned on the game...
Wonder how the Steelers did? LOL!

Just goes to show ya... you never know what life has in store for ya if you
just get off your butt!

73s from North Texas! de Tim - K7XC = EM12ur... sk

(PS: Looking forward to playing with the BIG Quad antennas at the home of Gary
- WA5FWC this coming contest season...)