[3830] CQ WW RTTY K7ULS SOSB/10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K7ULS SOSB/10 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 00:51:50 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K7ULS
Operator(s): K7ULS
Station: K7ULS

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 2 DAYS

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  441      36      48    27
-----------------------------------
Total:  441      36      48    27  Total Score = 86,247

Club:

Comments:

Powder Mountain 9000'
HY-GAIN LJ-105CA
FT-897D
Had to set up two days before due to weather coming in and it rained for the
whole contest plus winds of 50+. Right out of the gate I worked MW0ZZK which
seemed a bit odd because EU had since gone away so maybe it was long path but
none the confusing.
The contest got off to a good start with only 35 qso's the first night into
ZL,VK,JA,KH7 and 3D2KM for a treat ending at 01:45z. Saturday started at
13:21z
to the usual Zone 33 bunch and very few EU stations due to the hoards of
stateside contesters taking up every inch of the band so just a handful of EU's
mainly S&P but a highlight working C37NL in tiny Andorra for a new DXCC. I
tried to run and got mostly the East coast needing UT and as the day ended a
few more from down under some JA's 5W1SA,YB2ECG and 9W6IVY for another treat.
Sunday was game day starting at 13:38z with a few Zone 14 guys then I broke a
pretty hefty pileup to get ZD8RH which was nice to know the elevation here
helps then a few more EU stations till 16:00z then it was on to the stateside
grind until the JA's arrived at 21:00z with a strange call from OH3SR in
Finland and another from LA7JO from Norway almost an hour later. I thought that
someone was pulling my leg but stranger things have happened here at 9000' with
the propagation. Nice little JA run with DU3LA as an added treat and ending
with a few frantic stations needing 03 UT and final DX from VP9I to make for a
nice but ear ringing contest.
de K7ULS