[3830] CQ WW RTTY K9GY SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K9GY SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 02:17:39 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: EN61fn
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:
   40:   14               8     5
   20:    9               3     4
   15:   68              29    14
   10:   41              19    14
-----------------------------------
Total:  132       0      59    37  Total Score = 40,920

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Thought I'd have a contest free weekend but then at the W9DXCC convention I
noticed the IC-7100 was able to copy RTTY without anything else needed. So
after 37 years as a ham, I made my first RTTY QSO on Thursday before the
contest!

Friday night went to preseason game at United Center for Chicago Blackhawks
(NHL). Spent some time on the air on Sat/Sun... was fun. Seemed like the
"golden gate" graphic was better to use than the linear bar graph.

Of course RTTY contesting can be addictive like other contest modes. Used two
or three memories in the Icom IC-7100 to send out RTTY messages. Writelog
didn't break out states/DX so they're all listed under DX for the summary here.

Now to get ready for the 222 sprint on Tues ...then CQP this coming weekend!

CQ CONTEST!
Eric

Icom IC-7100
Cushcraft vertical