[3830] CQ WW RTTY G2F M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, makidoja@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY G2F M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 10:10:59 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: G2F
Operator(s): M0CKE M0CHK M0CLW M6ZTO
Station: G2F

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Wisbech
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  426       19      59    13
   40:  651       39      76    23
   20:  898       45      98    35
   15:  869       54      98    29
   10:  329       32      77    26
------------------------------------
Total: 3173      189     408   126  Total Score = 5,558,424

Club: Wisbech Amateur Radio & Electronics Club

Comments:

This is our first venture into a multi transmitter environment, previously we
have only ever operated as single op or single transmitter.
The station was set up on Friday by 23:00 local time, giving us a couple hours
to rest before the start of the contest.
Station 1 started on 80m and was brisk for the off, station 2 on 40m and was a
little slow but picked up pace during the night
Using N1MM Logger+ BETA for the contest we soon found a bug which we reported
on the forum to find other had the same problem, a change in a parameter of the
DI window soon had things working normally, All agreed the new Logger+ was a
huge improvement over the legacy version and worked very well throughout the
whole contest.
We were joined by Simon M0CLW for the first time and he had not used N1MM or
RTTY for a number of years but within a few minutes was fully at home.
Band conditions seemed to fluctuate during the 48hours with far east being
worked well into the dark hours and the swing to the west on HF bands seemed
late
10m didn't really open for us on Saturday but on sunday we soon picked up some
q's on 10m, all other bands seemed well balanced during the weekend.
The pair of Elecraft K3's work brilliant, connected to 5B4AGN band pass filters
to Acom 1000 and Hunter 1000 amplifiers, home made 6 x 2 antenna switch.
Antennas were 3ele SteppIR @ 60ft, Modified KT34A @ 60ft, 1/4 waver vertical
with 8 elevated radials for 40m, top loaded 45ft vertical for 80m with 4
elevated radials and a home brew K9AY with preamp and home brew splitter to
feed the 2 k3's
We set a target of 3m points before the start of the contest as the current G
record held by G3V is 2.687m set in 2011, we thought from the conditions it
would be achievable.
Having never done M/2 before, we all really enjoyed it with good banter and
lots of good food and beers and ending up with a good points haul for G made
the weekend a success.
Will we be back bigger and better next year ???  you bet !!!!

Regards from all the team at G2F and see you in CQWW SSB 2014