[3830] 222FallSprnt WW7D/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, djholman@u.washington.edu
Subject: [3830] 222FallSprnt WW7D/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 15:29:50 +0000
                    222 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: WW7D/R
Operator(s): WW7D
Station: WW7D

Class: Rover LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 38  Mults = 12  Tot Dist(km) = 0  Total Score = 456

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

Most sprints I go to the CN87/CN97/CN86/CN96 intersection.   But this rove I
went north the the CN87/CN97/CN88/CN98 intersection, where terrain is more of a
challenge.

Activity in Western Washington was greatly enhanced by two other rovers, N6ZE/R
who hustled between CN88, CN87 and back, and WE7X/R who worked the
CN86/CN87/CN96/CN97 intersection.

The first 30 minutes was at 3,000' on Green Mountain in CN98, followed by 30
minutes of winding my way back down the mountain and through the grid.  Next I
hit CN88, CN87 and CN97 from lower elevation hills very close to the grid
intersection, allowing for several returns to the grid to pick up new stations
and N6ZE/R as he changed grids.  With 1:30 remaining, I had some elevation
again--1,200' in CN97 where I picked up a couple of station that showed up late
in the contest.  With 30 minutes remaining, I headed home, and picked up WE7X/R
one last time.

Results:

Grid QSOS  Worked
CN87  9    CN87, CN88, CN97
CN88  6    CN86, CN87, CN88
CN97  8    CN87, CN88
CN98 15    CN86, CN87, CN88, CN96
---- --    -----------------------
4    38    12

Score 456

17 unique calls were worked.  Top stations:

N6ZE/R  7
WE7X/R  5
W7GLF   4
W7FI    4
WA7TZY  3
KE0CO   3
AC7T    2

Thanks to everyone who participated.  It was a lively, enjoyable sprint.