[3830] 432FallSprnt WW7D/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, djholman@u.washington.edu
Subject: [3830] 432FallSprnt WW7D/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 08:04:01 +0000
                    432 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: WW7D/R
Operator(s): WW7D
Station: WW7D

Class: Rover LP
QTH: CN97
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 34  Mults = 11  Tot Dist(km) = 0  Total Score = 374

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

I headed to the CN87/CN86/CN97/CN96 grid intersection that provides some
elevation over the Puget Sound region.   The contest started at 1,200' on Mud
Mountain, which provided only CN87 until I eventually worked Greg, K7YDL in
CN85.

That was followed by an hour of in-motion QSOs through CN87 to CN86 to CN96 (at
3,200').   Again, I worked all CN87 until 0351, when I found K7YDL again (and
then K0VIZ) in CN85.  The next hour was spent moving back and forth between
CN96 and CN86, setting up the rear mast, and working a few people, taking down
the mast, and driving 1/4 mile up or down the road.  Rod, WE7X, and Gary,
WA7BBJ/R, both showed up in CN97 during this time.  Rod was FM only.

With an hour remaining, I headed back to CN87 (down to about 2,000'), and
worked Rod, WE7X, on FM in CN97 for a new multiplier with 45 min remaining.
At that point I realized, we could work again from CN97 (about 30 minutes
away), so I made a mad dash for Mud Mountain again, arriving and working Rod
with 9 minutes remaining.   The last QSO was with my neighbor Doug, AC7T, on CW
with 5 minutes remaining.

Stats:
  -- Eleven unique calls worked.
  -- Three unique grids worked (CN85, CN87, CN97).
  -- One other rover (WA7BBJ/R)

Once again, a most enjoyable sprint and a delightful evening.