[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 04:11:37 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Oct 10

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   0      0
   80:  13      8
   40:  15     14
   20:  17     15
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  45     37  Total Score = 1,665

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Before CQP, an EZ-NEC analysis of my 40m DE Zepp revealed a severe null at a
heading of 30 deg on 20m at all reasonable take-off angles (but with good gain
to Eu).  Two days before CQP I hastily constructed a 2-el Yagi, now hanging
haphazardly off the side of the house, soon to be put in a better place and
expanded to 3 el.  The effect on 20m QSO's in CQP was unbelievable even with
one element badly tilted -- 271 last year and 445 this year.  Also K6UFO is
very kindly helping me with a band-decoder/antenna switch to further enhance
the station capability, hopefully by ARRL SS. Unfortunately qlf'd and did not
have the 160 meter antenna properly connected tonight, but this may not have
damaged the score, as mults were accumulating on 80 to the last minute.

Neither 20 or 80 seemed to have good conditions; 160 sounded OK on the
Beverage.

73 Bill n6zfo