[3830] 432FallSprnt K1KA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 432FallSprnt K1KA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 17:07:23 +0000
                    432 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: K1KA
Operator(s): K1KA
Station: K1KA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN42fv
Operating Time (hrs): .75

Total:  QSOs = 8  Mults = 2  Tot Dist(km) = 1  Total Score = 16

Club: NEWS

Comments:

I'm not really on 432, but I figured out a way to give out some points. My
IC706MKIIG puts out about 20w, so I tried hooking it the my 2M antenna. The
VSWR wasn't bad but people seemed to peak up in strange directions. Before the
contest I had made a list of 5 close-in stations I thought I could work. I was
happy to work all but one who was out of town I learned later, plus 4 others I
was not expecting. I even heard W1AN, over a hundred miles from me but I was
not strong enough to grab his attention. Briefly heard K1DY in FN55, but had
same problem. I guess I won't be getting many plaques with this set up, but I
was happy to help out some others and I had fun.

73
Dave