[3830] SAC SSB JG1VGX(@JG1ZUY) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jg1vgx@jarl.com
Subject: [3830] SAC SSB JG1VGX(@JG1ZUY) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 10:17:52 +0000
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB

Call: JG1VGX
Operator(s): JG1VGX
Station: JG1ZUY

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Chiba
Operating Time (hrs): 14

   80:    0     0
   40:   25    12
   20:   53    26
   15:  114    32
   10:   47    19
-------------------
Total:  239    89  Total Score = 25,721

Club:

Comments:

Here the contest starts/ends at 9pm local. We start with 'almost closing' 15mb,
then move down to 20/40/80mb through the night. Then one hour after sunrise
(21z) bands will close and we have not much to do, so now take a happy rest.
After several hours of good sleep the second half will usually begin at 1~2pm
local (03~04z) on 15mb (which keeps open till the end) and of course we can
enjoy 10mb opening, if condition is good, in the late afternoon.

This time it was not going to be a full effort. I wished to add some more
points for SAC's new plague program, but the contest shack I use was already
booked for another guy for a domestic VHF contest (which coincidentally took
place exactly the same time period). I negotiated with him and he kindly agreed
to share the shack with me.

He was a serious six meter man so I tried not to disturb him in any way. That's
why there was no SO2R this time.

I did 100% S&P which I think is a good strategy for this contest. The first
half was not so good but in the second half it was increasingly better. Ten mb
suddenly opened at 7:25z (4:25pm local) and lasted 2 hour peaking at 5:30pm
local.

I enjoyed S&Ping, became more and more serious until the end (serial number
effect perhaps?) and felt like I made a full effort. My main tribander shared
the tower with one of the VHF antennas that the other guy use, but he was kind
enough to allow me to point it to Scandinavia most of the time. My score owes
much to him.

Thank you so much to our Scandinavian friends!

73 rin JG1VGX