[3830] MWaveFallSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MWaveFallSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 13:23:09 +0000
                    Microwave Fall Sprint

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

Total:  QSOs = 25  Max Dist(km) = 437  Total Score = 5,455

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Wasn't sure I'd get on as I have been under the wx, but decided to turn the rig
on around 8:30. Called WZ1V on 144 who told me I was very distorted. Listened
to myself on another rig and it was really bad. Pulled the plug but came back
an hour later to see if I could figure out what was going on with the 2M rig.
Eventually realized it was the 12v power supply, swapped it out for another and
was back in business. Figured I'd see who was on at that point and give out some
points.

It was fun as always to operate microwaves though my rigs are a bit of a mess.
903 is still only about 20w down from the usual 125 or so. 2304 is at 1w as the
amp is in for repair and 3.4 g gets out well but my rx is almost nil. And 10g is
down on rx too.  On top of that the rotor on one of my towers is behaving
poorly. A lot to get fixed before winter......

Anyway, tnx for the Q's. Best DX was K8ZES on 1296.

And, now that we are done with the Sprints I want to thank the SVHF Society for
sponsoring them. Tnx guys! And, I would have to say that the rule allowing usage
of the chat page is a great plus for these sprints. It really made them more fun
than they would otherwise have been.

73, Jeff K1TEO