[3830] WAG K5KG SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, georgek5kg@aol.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] WAG K5KG SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 15:57:11 +0000
                    Worked All Germany Contest

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: K5KG

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5

   80:   36      0      17
   40:  208      0      26
   20:  183      0      25
   15:  220      0      26
   10:  164      0      26
----------------------------
Total:  811      0     120  Total Score = 291,600

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Great contest, although the condx could have been better. The period from 1700Z
to 2000Z was slow. I think this was my first attempt at the WAG.  Used WinTest
with the WAG_DX.DTA file which provided fills on the DOK numbers when a station
was logged.

Chasing the DOK mults was interesting.  "T" and "L" proved
the most difficult to catch. Of my 811 Qsos, I only worked four different
statiions in each of "T" and "L".  Missed DL8MAS on 20m in
the last half hour, and that cost me a DOK sweep on that band. ("T"
and "L" must be remote DOK's with low populations.)

Having not worked the WAG in the past, I found that some of the DOK numbers
were unexpected, such as: 40Q11, 50S38, 60C15,60WAE, CM13 WRTC and WSKM.

Stn: K3+KPA500 500w.
Ants: 2X Arrays 12L Yagi, M2 2L 40m yagi, inv vee on 80m. Pixel Mag loop for
low band rx.

I will definitely give the WAG a try in 2015.  It is nice not having to move
the yagi during an entire contest!

73, George, K5KG