[3830] TBDC K7IA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7iaham@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K7IA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 18:34:47 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 1:39

Total:  QSOs = 36  Total Score = 151

Club: Virden Contest Club

Comments:

Good thing the REAL Stew Perry is ahead of us and not behind us!  Equipment
worked well, but QRN conditions did not.  Many signals were barely above the
(variable) noise floor, and many of them simply gave up and moved on in the
face of my AGN macros.  In most of those occasions, I lacked only one character
of the grid square (yes, I use Call History, and no, not all ops I worked were
in it).  For ops new to Top Band, this is the band where patience with making
exchanges in poor conditions has been the norm in the past.  Be patient, and
enjoy the fruit!

I worked mostly S&P, and even weak signals responded and made the log.
Running was difficult and no doubt frustrating to many callers--my Tx voice was
better than my Rx ears--the product of a well-grounded shunt fed 92 foot tower
and Beverage antennas in a canyon location!

See you in the Real Deal in December!