[3830] CQWW SSB N8SBE SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8SBE@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N8SBE SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 00:44:15 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N8SBE
Operator(s): N8SBE
Station: N8SBE

Class: SOAB Classic LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:
   80:
   40:    4     3        3
   20:  147    22       58
   15:  174    21       63
   10:  209    21       65
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

WOW! Fantastic propagation on the high bands!  Ten meters was solid up past 29
MHz Saturday afternoon.  I was planning to operate 24 hours this year, but
ended up stopping for dinner with out of town friends at 19 hours (one less
than last year), so no personal best, but I had a blast filling in new
countries for my DXCC single band endorsements for 20, 15, and 10.

40 was the usual problem for me, even though it was open to Europe nicely on
Friday evening here.  I could hear them, but no one could hear me on my
ground-mounted GAP Titan vertical.  It is on a small city lot surrounded by
trees and buildings, so it is decidedly sub-optimal for this kind of work.

On the other hand, my 20-17-15-12-10-6 meter two element spider-boom quad at 40
feet is a stellar performer.  Busting through pileups barefoot seems to be its
specialty.